Motivations for previous PURE Mentors:
- To introduce undergraduates to research
- To gain mentoring/teaching experience
- To give undergraduates insight into graduate school
- To get some help with their research/projects
Why PURE Mentors said they returned to PURE:
- Being a PURE Mentor provided valuable teaching experience
- Being a PURE Mentor helped them get part of a research question answered
- Being a PURE Mentor was fun!
The most commonly mentioned aspect of PURE that met or exceeded past mentor expectations was that mentees were motivated, intelligent, and excited about research.